Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Days of Easy Money

The days of easy money are over (except – at the moment - for bankers) and I’m truly happy about it.
It’s really hard to appreciate anything that comes easily, and this ain’t an exception. That’s why credit tightening should have the effect of inspiring us to do great deeds.
As a contrarian, I’ve always viewed myself as somewhat out of synch with the pack. This time I’ll be leading the charge as a fan of the college of hard knocks.
I’m done with my grieving. The old economy is dead. Long live the new reality!
Yeah, it’s just harder to make a buck these days. We know that. So what? Grandma used to say “Hard work never killed anyone.” Think of the generations that built this great country with meager resources. They were spurred on by only the promise of opportunity, not the guarantee of results.
I’m happy to see the elimination of some of those guarantees. Can it inspire us to achieve greatness? I shudder to think of the alternative.
As we collectively awake from a three year long debt-induced slumber, let’s take stock of what we still have and not necessarily what we’ve lost.
To paraphrase Churchill, we’ve got the worst system in the world, except for all of the others.
No, I’m done with the grief over the loss of easy money. I’ve got my sleeves rolled up, my work clothes on, and I’m gonna build something that will last. Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment